Timing is everything. Find out why.
Some people may hear “early spay/neuter” and think early means “before the expected time.” However, being early for something is actually a good thing. Think about all the things in life where timing is everything:
- Being early for Black Friday to get a good place in line;
- Getting front row seats to your favorite concert;
- Getting your taxes done early, so you don’t end up being audited;
- Getting off work early to start the weekend;
- Finishing a big project before a deadline, so you don’t to pull an all-nighter;
- Early bird gets the worm…. okay, so maybe you don’t want a worm, but it’s a good saying!
These are just a few examples of early being good. Spaying and neutering early is also good, because surgeries on younger animals are easier and quicker to perform, meaning that your pet will be under anesthesia for less time, which is better for them. Puppies and kittens also recover from surgery quicker than adults, so will be back to themselves faster too! Watch what we mean here.
Getting your pet fixed by four months before they go into heat and can get pregnant stops those “oops!” litters. Timing is everything in spay/neuter and life. Just ask these folks in our “Early is Good” video series!