to spread the word.
No Time at All
Donate to Humane Ohio, so we can continue to spread the importance of early age spay/neuter across the nation. Any amount helps!
Take the Pledge!
Pledge to fix your pets by four months here. We hope to get at least 10,000 people to sign on, therefore helping prevent approximately 13,500 litters this year alone.
So, you've fixed you pet? That's great! Now spay it forward and get your friends on board, too. Point them to our spay/neuter locator, and get them to pledge to fix their pets too.
Join our mailing list
We'd love to stay in touch. Sign up to receive regular updates.
Place our campaign designs on your website
If you run your own website or blog, why not place a Woulda Coulda Shoulda banner or campaign theme on it? Just upload our image to your server, grab the code and go!
Buy & wear spay/neuter merchandise
Check out our Café Press store online. Simply select the design you like and choose your item (a t-shirt, mug, bumper sticker, or dog apparel). To cut costs, Humane Alliance does not make any profit from the sales. When it comes in the mail, sport it proudly! Shop now!
A Little Bit of Effort
Celebrate your pet's adventures now that they're fixed...
We know that fixing your pet helps get rid of annoying behaviors like heat cycles, yowling, spraying, fighting, and mating. This frees up time for your pet to take on new adventures! Tell us what your pet has time for now that he or she is fixed, by finishing this sentence: “Now that s/he’s fixed, my pet has more time to...” Then post it on your (and our - it'll take about a day to approve it) Facebook and Twitter pages. Get Inspiration!
Send in an "I did my part" photo
Did you fix your pet already? If so, you belong to the Spay/Neuter Nation, and should be proud to say you did your part! Print off one of the signs from our Download page (or make your own) and post a picture of your fixed pet to our Facebook page (we'll take about a day to approve it), so everyone can see how good your pet looks fixed. Get Inspiration!
Show us your happy fixed pets
You know you love taking videos of your kitten and puppy! We want to see them! If your pet was fixed before 6 months of age, take a video of your kitten or puppy bouncing with life after their spay/neuter surgery, to show how little it affects them. Upload it to our YouTube channel, and we may use it in the campaign… Get Inspiration!
Assemble a flash mob
That’s right! Get a bunch of people together to spread the word via the happy medium of song. Make sure you film the wondrous event and send the video on over to us afterwards. You can use our "Spay United" song, or record one of your own. Here are some song suggestions to get your brain juices flowing:
- "Humane Alliance Song" – The HA Crew
- "Oops! I Did It Again" – Britney Spears
- "Let’s Talk About Sex" – Salt n’ Pepa
- "Great Balls of Fire" – Jerry Lee Lewis
- "Rawhide (Rollin’, Rollin’, Rollin’)" – Johnny Cash/The Blues Brothers
- "The Ball Song" - Elmo
- "Fix You" - Coldplay
- "Baby Love" – The Supremes
- "Take Me Out To (Of) The Ball Game" – Traditionally sung at baseball games
- "Cat's in the Cradle" – Harry Chapin/Ugly Kid Joe
- "Rubber Ball" – Bobby Vee
- "Babies Making Babies" – Sly & the Family Stone
- "Sex on Fire" – Kings of Leon
- "Out of Time" – The Rolling Stones
- "Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda" - Beverley Knight
Above & Beyond
Start your own program
There are many different spay/neuter clinic models to adopt if you would like to start your own program. Learn more.
Sign up for our toolkit
Sign up for our campaign toolkit, and be an active ally of the campaign. Sign up now.
Host a "Spay Day"
One of our partners, the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) presents World Spay Day, an international celebration and campaign to raise awareness that spay/neuter saves lives. HSUS also has a limited number of grants to hand out to those wanting to be involved.
Write a letter to a local publication
Using our template letter, why not contact your local newspaper, informing them about your involvement in the spay/neuter early campaign? Download template.
Video & Image Submission Release
- All photos, videos and any other materials submitted to Humane Alliance ("Materials") become the sole and exclusive property of Humane Alliance and cannot be returned at any time.
- By submitting Materials, you agree Humane Alliance may, but is not obligated to, use the Materials in connection with the program, in any way, in any medium, worldwide, in perpetuity.
- Further, you warrant all Materials are 100% original and do not violate the right of privacy or publicity of, or constitute a defamation against, any person or entity; that the Materials will not infringe upon or violate the copyright or common law rights or any other rights of any person or entity; that there are and will be no encumbrances, liens, conditions or restrictions whatsoever upon or affecting such Materials; and that you are at least 18 years of age and the person depicted in the Materials.
- You agree to indemnify Humane Alliance for all damages and expenses (including reasonable attorney's fees) arising out of any breach or failure of the warranties made herein.